October 20, 2011 11:48
It is official - Google has stated that the +1's will affect your website's search results. Read below excerpts from a TechWyse blog article published today.
If you have questions about Google +1 and how to get it added to your website - give us a call (306) 716-0680. Trio is a local Saskatoon web design company.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Google has officially stated that the +1 button will indeed affect search engine ranking. This is ground breaking news as it will ultimately shape traffic; with all the hype there is about social search, a few key points should be considered, as they help put things in perspective.
- You must be logged-in to Google in order to see socially influenced results.
- If you don’t have an extensive Gmail or Google+ profile, you may not see any socially influenced results.
- Latest estimates put Google+ users at 40M and Gmail’s user-base has been estimated at 193M as of 2010.
- Although, the above stats are not specific to North America, it’s safe to assume that a large number of North America’s 270M+ person internet population are on Gmail and/or Google+.
When you +1 a site you are in effect recommending it to those in your social circle. So if I +1’d a sushi restaurant in Toronto, and one of my Google+ or Gmail contacts searched for “Sushi in Toronto,” a site with the +1 might appear higher in search results than it would have otherwise! So it’s easy to see how having a lot of +1’s can boost your organic search rankings to specific networks of people.
How Can You Get +1’s?
- Put the +1 on every page of your site. Ask your web design company to implement this on your site.
- Post on Google Plus, people can plus one your page right from their news feed.
- Rank high organically and in paid search, the +1 button appears in search results and the better you rank the more +1’s you’ll get.
- Send out a newsletter telling people that you’ve installed the +1 button on your page and that you’d appreciate it if they +1’d you.
- Ask people on other social networks like Facebook and Twitter to visit your page and +1.
- People will also be able to +1 your page by clicking on a +1 button from their browser toolbar
How You Can’t Get +1’s
- You’re not allowed to offer anything in exchange for a +1; Unlike Facebook which allows you to offer coupons and other incentives for liking a page.
- You can’t buy +1’s Google won’t tolerate and has revoked those who have sold +1’s.
The +1 button is essentially a vote for your page, every time you vote your recommendation can be echoed across your Google-based social network (Google+, Gmaill, Google account). So if you haven’t already +1’d your own site do so from Google Search and be sure to add the +1 button to your own site!
October 20, 2011 11:13
Be sure to stay connected with our local Saskatoon web design company - Trio Web Design! Here are a few ways to make sure you are kept "in- the-loop" with new trends online that can impact your Saskatoon business: